Nintendo Switch - No Power 0.4a slow charge, detected device in TegraRcmGUI

If you have another switch which is unpatched you can connect the EMMC to that console and dump all partitions that way, which would be the easiest method by far.

You just have to ensure you boot your unpatched console into an RCM state if the FW version is lower on the unpatched to potentially prevent burning fuses

There is an alternative to connect the EMMC module to PC (and access all partitions in Linux), but I can’t recommend it due to a design flaw.

i do have a few at the moment, ill lok around for one,

i will have to read up more on that side of things to be fair, its a lot more complicated than modded the old PS1 lol

I am more comfortable working in linux, but if there is an issue with that software ill avoid it

It’s not so much an issue with software, Hekate works great for this purpose, the issue is if you connect an EMMC module to a console and the EMMC in question is on a higher FW version than the CPU count (of the original paired FW version) you burn the fuse and you can’t stock boot, this is not a huge issue as you can recover quite easily on an unpatched console, but this becomes a small nightmare on a patched/Mariko boards as you then require a modchip to load homerew.

Though as I say, all the above is a non issue if you boot straight into hekate from RCM, you can’t burn fuses here, it only happens when the console boots stock.

The issue on the PC end alternate backup method is more down to the device which allows you to connect the EMMC module to PC, the device powers the 1V8PDR line on the EMMC (VCCQ) at 3.3V… while most EMMC ICs will tolerate this, it is out of spec, but as this line was previously dodgy I can’t recommend using this device.

ok i see, so as long as you keep the switch in RCM you can boot into Hekate and perform the backup with out any risk to the console.

that device seems similar to the ch341a programmer for bios chips, at stock it provides 3.3v to the chip but you need a 1.8v adapter for any lower voltage chips.
yes i see what your saying, the 1.8v on this board could be fragile

thanks again for the help, ill make notes of this for reference

Right, you can also fully update the unpatched console prior which removes all risk regardless of if you don’t enter an RCM state if for example if the button combo doesn’t register.

This is the device I was referring to

And yeah kind of, there’s two rails being provided for the EMMC IC, one is 3.3V and the other is 1.8V, in this case the dev is applying 3.3V to both inputs.

The device itself is basically just an MMC/SD controller, if the dev resolved the issues I mentioned it’d be perfect.

You can also use something like this

Which does provide the correct voltage to both inputs, but it doesn’t have the ability to dump the boot0 and boot1 partitions, so you’d have to generate them on PC which is fine, but the issue is it’s completely up in the air whether this is detectable by Nintendo and is bannable as a result, I tend to avoid doing this if I can help it.

1 Like

yes i would much rather work with some kind of emmc reader device and a pc instead of doing any kind firmware mod to the Switch

i can see how the first device would be useful, but in this specific case i can see what your saying that it could potentially do more damage than good,

i agree if there is any risk of being banned, then its best to be cautious

thanks again for the info bro

you mentioned that with mmcblknx you have the ability to acces all partition under linux.

the website states only 3 commands:

sudo dd if=/dev/mmcblk0boot0 of=boot0.bin
sudo dd if=/dev/mmcblk0boot1 of=boot1.bin
sudo dd if=/dev/mmcblk0 of=rawnand.bin

which command or app do i need to use for just dumping the prodinfo?

im asking because i have an emmc module which is dying. in hekate i can see it just for a second. not able to load the emmc via nxnandmanager/hekate. with mmcblknx i can dump the rawnand but it will take 22 days to complete. beeing able to dump the prodinfo only would be a blessing.

does the low voltage emmc adapter supports windows/nxnandmanager?

thx

if Linux reads emmc module from that adapter, it would just work from Windows/NxNandManager as well

I’m not a linux guy but afaict this is all just using the systems inbuilt DD commands in which case all you’d presumably need to do is change the partition name from boot0 to prodifno (or whatever partition your interested in) . If you have further issues just look into the DD command info out there. Alternatively you should be able to find a GUI paritition manager in linux which will simplify all this for you, though I imagine you won’t see boot0/1 partitions in these, though not an issue in this case.

I’m guessing it’s because the EMMC in question is a bit dodgy, maybe devices are polled more frequently within linux vs windows/NXnandManager.