Intermittent Power off issues

So I bought a ebay salvage Xbox. I thought it would be a quick fix, but it turned interesting.

It was a “intermittent power off” which I thought was a fan or cleaning issue, but it wasn’t. Console was clean, and the fan spins. Replaced ALL of the paste and pads, still powers off. So far I have:

• replaced power supply
  • replaced power cable
  • replaced power button board
  • replaced the other two wifi boards.
  • all pads/paste re done.

Board is clean. Looks brand new. Last owner has probably done exactly what I have done before dumping it on ebay. (Don’t really blame him, and it wasdisclosed so no hate on them)

Any ideas on where to look next?

(Edit - times it takes to shut down varies , from 30 secs to 16 min. Was able to download a game no issues, but when I stream a movie it shuts down within 15 seconds)

Same issue with the one I just received. I also tried your same steps too. I made a post about mine as well. Hope we find a solution :slight_smile:

No resolution for me yet.

From what I saw I thought it may be the SSD failing. So I bought a Sabrent cloning device and cloned the SSD from another Xbox that had beep on / beep off……neg result. Still the same. It updated from the new SSD just fine, but shut off after anout 5 min with no warning.

When it turns on there is no “this device was shut down improperly” message. Its just like when I turn I on from a cold start.