Switch not working after repair

This is my first time working with the switch console (I have done joycons but not the actual tablet). I replaced the battery and the charging ic, and it came to life with the Nintendo logo and then the low battery symbol, so I put it on the charger and let it sit there for an hour or so. When I came back to it nothing happened at all even with holding the button for 20 seconds. I used the original charger. Any ideas on what happened?

I haven’t tried docking it yet but I will. Thanks for any ideas

What is the model of the switch v1, v2, Oled, lite? The previous battery had at least some charge, so you can turn it on to see if it works, then you can thus rule out other problems, and thus find the problem, which could be one of the ICs that control charging/power, which depending on the version of your switch, there may be more than one

It’s a v1 switch. I have figured out my problem - I used too much heat while soldering the new ic and I accidentally fried it. I’m getting a new ic and I’ll be more careful while attaching it. Thanks for helping though, I really appreciate it!